Vacant rentals are expensive and rank right up there with evictions, late payments and 2 a.m. service calls. Assuming you have a mortgage to pay, it’s likely that any vacancy lasting more than a couple of months will essentially cost you a full year’s profit on your rental. At C2C Real Estate Management, we offer an aggressive marketing strategy throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast to fill vacancies fast. Use the following tips to help to get your property rented or visit us online at C2Crent.com to find out about our professional Property Management services.
Signs, Signs, Signs
- One of the easiest ways to attract interest in your rental is to have a great “for rent” sign.
- Make Sure It Looks professional
- Is visible from the street
- List all the details
- Attach a flyer with photos
Use Your Contacts
- Don’t be shy about letting everyone know about your property. Take advantage of your social network, friends, colleague’s and neighbors to generate some free, or low-cost, advertising.
- Email friends and family
- Send postcards or flyers to the neighbors
- Post flyers at local businesses, community centers, coffee shops & Grocery stores
Tap Into The World-Wide Web
- Post Craigslist ads On Fridays, a recent Zillow study shows that houses listed on a Friday get many more viewings, and sell much faster than houses listed on other days.
- Create a website for your rental: use targeted keywords (including the terms “rental house,” “house for rent,” and your area and county), you’ll likely get some traffic.
- Post a video tour on YouTube: Create a short video tour of your rental house and post it on YouTube. Be sure to make the video part of the website, and/or point to it from your Craigslist ad and social media accounts.
Invite Them Inside
- Private showings are a must, however if you schedule and open house, you give the curious an opportunity to look inside and peak interest.
- Turn the lights on and leave the blinds open
- Host a party or garage sale at the home
- Have the open-house crowd all to yourself – schedule it at an alternate time of typical open houses
- Make sure landscaping is manicured and the interior spaces are fresh & clean